Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How's Business?

Yep, they all told me this would happen-that, like everything else, the gigs in copywriting get scarce now and then. But they all said that it doesn't last long and things will get better again.

So, I'm not too worried about it.

I have more time to do things like post to this blog and read a few others' blogs now and then. I am playing around with some creative writing things.

I have a lot of books and e-books to read.

I might write an e-book. I really could do it, you no. Yep, I sure could write me an e-book.

How hard can it be? Lots of folks do it and some of them are even good and they make lots of money for writing those! Then you always have that one kind of income with the name we can't say or the s.p.a.m. people will bet angry and then we probably would never get coupons for lunch meat.

So I can't say the word, but maybe I can sneak it past 'em with my creative writing skills: that "pass the potatoes please" "sivv even kinda warm here in Minneesota today" ( if you say like you are saying It is even kinda warm , but ya gotta get the siv part with the first hint) income, so I'll just call it a darn fine way to make some money. The old they will click the money button while I am pushing the snooze button way to earn a buck! (I really should say here that for every one who doesn't have as much talent for creative writing as I do, that the word is passive income, don't feel bad at all if you didn't get it. I am pretty darn good at creative writin. When I have the time, that is.)

Yep, that's it. I think I might just have to write an e-book so I can keep on keepin on during the slow time.

Of course, I don't want to write any old e-book, just one of the real good ones!

Hey, P.B. I'll be eatin plenty here one of these days too! (He's my idol, but don't tell him. He doesn't know me from Eve, as they say, but I think he's pretty cool (You never know, maybe he's a secret lurker on this blog, wouldn't that be cool?) Him and that four hour work week guy, he sounds like a pretty smart dude too. I really like smart guys. Especially if they make all that money they talk about in their books. I bet they do, too. Thar four hour guy talked a lot about vacations and it didn't sound like those made up ones do, so I think he's legit. Wonder if he has a blog? Hmmm, P.B. has a blog, you know.

STOP IT!! she says to herself. Sorry, I digress, back to the lull in busness stuff.


So, I am not going to worry about this lull in business. It's probably some holiday for those corporate types and all the business owners and my friends at Google, the guy from that one place whose name I can't remember. That's the trouble with freelancing, never can get a paid holiday.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

See you soon

Teresa
that one freelance writer from MN

P.S. Aren't you just so glad that when you're a freelancer, you don't need a whole lotta gas? I am not afraid to say that I am feeling a little giddy here. (sorry, that mighta been mean. Didn't mean it that way. Really.:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks T,

Nice to be appreciated.. ;)

PB (yes, the real PB...)

Teresa said...

Wow, I'm giddy! Thanks Peter!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooo! Nice crowd you attract here, Teresa! (fanning self, fainting!)

OK, (smack, smack) back to my senses.

I'd always heard there were cycles to every business. But to be honest, from the time I got rolling on this, it was always crazy busy.

Then I started firing clients.

And it got busier.

Until about a month ago. And now it's not so much that it's not busy - it's just that I've got weirder, harder, (higher paying!) gigs coming in through the door. It's not that it's slow... it's just different.

And I love your idea of writing a book! Later this month, I'll be working on a new one - want to take it for a test drive, too?

Enjoying your blog, and so glad you're keeping it rolling along, my friend.

Teresa said...

Sue, I would love to test drive your new book! I have learned that when you put out some info, it is well worth listening to.

By the way, Sue has a wonderful blog at http://buildathrivingwritingbusiness.blogspot.com
that truly deserves to be checked out!

And here's Peter's link:
http://www.wellfedwriter.com/Blog/

These two writers can teach all of us a lot about reaching for the stars-- and catching them!
Teresa