Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Independence Day

Hi everyone,
I haven't been around lately- took a little sabbatical up in Northern Minnesota and soaked up the beauty for a few days. Now, it's back to work- with a holiday coming. Friday is the 4th of July and what a perfect opportunity to celebrate the independence of working for yourself. We are so fortunate to live in a world that allows us to freely communicate and express ourselves, no matter what the subject matter. Not everyone is so lucky, so I try to remember to be grateful for what I have.

What are you celebrating this 4th of July? Here in the U.S. we acknowledge and celebrate our freedom and what our forefathers did to secure that freedom. I like to slow down and get a bit more personal with my thanks. I have a brother and some nieces and nephews who have spent time in the armed services, including Iraq. We have learned to be extremely grateful for their lives and their service. Many of us have family and friends who are or have been overseas fighting and whether we agree with the war or we don't, we need to be thankful to these brave men and women who risk their lives on a daily basis. Salute to all of you!

I am grateful for each one of my readers as well. Starting a blog can feel overwhelming and scary, and I appreciate all of you and your comments. Have a great fourth of July- no matter where you live! Every day is a good day to be thankful for all of the blessings in our lives.

Stay safe and have a wonderful holiday!
Teresa

No comments: